Victoria Newitt Recruitment Inc
has been retained by our Client
to search for a Vice President of Human Resources
Reporting to the President & CEO, as the Vice President of Human Resources
you’ll lead the design and implementation of the organization’s human resources programs and initiatives through effective people and talent management strategies, and organizational processes including: Recruitment, Competencies, Talent Assessments, Succession Management, Performance Management, Training & Development, and Workforce Analytics.
The Vice President, Human Resources
plays a critical role in the future growth and success of the company. The key opportunities in this position are to:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Develop and implement HR strategies, policies and programs which are aligned with and support the attainment of the company’s global business strategies and objectives.
- Provide leadership and counsel to all management levels at all sites and operations to ensure leaders and employees perform effectively.
- Improve and provide leadership to the worldwide human resources organization which will provide strong business value to various corporate and operational business groups.
- Ensure that the company can attract, retain and develop top talent and high potential employees to achieve business objectives and become the next generation of leaders of the company.
- Think theoretically and tactically to support company growth and development while maintaining a practical, sustainable, creative and results-driven approach.
- Drive a culture of continuous learning, development and employee engagement.
- Support and integrate programs, functions and culture such as Diversity & Inclusion, Health & Safety, and Sustainability, that drive and create employment excellence.
- Work closely with Investor Relations, Legal, Risk and other functions on the delivery of HR, corporate and operations strategies.
- Manage traditional functional responsibilities of HR including compensation, executive compensation, workforce planning, labour relations, employee relations and engagement, talent development, retirement plans, benefits and recruitment.
- Oversee payroll function for the Corporate office.
- Provide leadership and project management globally on the annual performance management and incentive plan programs.
- Have a line of sight to and influence in operational retention and successions programs.
- Coach, influence and facilitate senior management development.
- Manage 2 direct reports and provide influence and guidance indirectly to operational HR leaders.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience, with ideally at least 5 years in increasingly progressive leadership roles.
- A university degree in Business or Human Resources or related discipline.
- A Certified Human Resources Professional designation is desired.
- Ability to operate with integrity and authenticity.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and be a natural collaborator that excels at balancing different stakeholders needs while understanding our status quo, you are not afraid to shake things up and expeditiously ignite change.
If this position suits your skills and experience, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this exciting role.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and influencing skills with all levels of management; effective at developing strong credibility and working relationships.
- Strong project delivery and team management capabilities.
- Proactive approach to problem solving with an ability to define and solve problems quickly, handle finite issues, but retain a focus on the broader and/or long-term picture.