Victoria Newitt Recruitment Inc
has been retained by Fine Choice Foods
to search for a Plant Manager/Production Manager.
This role will lead the team to implement Food Safety and Health & Safety best practices and standards. You will be responsible for day-to-day direction and oversight for the manufacturing of Asian-themed foods such as spring rolls, dumplings and sauces. The ideal individual will be a strong leader that enjoys building and developing teams while ensuring that products are produced consistently and efficiently to specified quality and operational standards.
- Responsible for oversight of the entire production and packaging operations
- Ensure and maintain Food Safety, Quality standards and Health & Safety standards at all times
- Ensure compliance of all Local, Provincial & Federal regulations
- Ensure quality products are consistently and efficiently produced to meet customer commitments to consumers
- Work closely with the Health & Safety coordinator to promote safety through work procedures, and employee safety programs to eliminate all lost time accidents
- Participate in Health & Safety committees, GMP’s and Food Safety audits, complying with Recall procedures, CFIA and HACCP certification
- Ensure that standard operating procedures and GMPS are implemented and adhered to consistently
- Accountable for production cost, labour utilization, waste, line efficiencies, raw material usages
- Responsible to understand and explain standard product cost variances
- Align with production planners to optimize equipment usage to improve operational performance and maximize production efficiency standards for labor and raw materials.
- Coordinate with all departments to ensure the plant and equipment meet regulatory requirements for cleanliness and product safety
- Make sure that all equipment is maintained and operated per Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Oversee the assessment of production staff to identify development needs
- Develop, coach, motivate, provide feedback and performance manage team leads and direct reports
- Provide direction, performance objectives and make key business decisions for Production Supervisors
- Lead daily and weekly production meetings with team leads and supervisors
- Participate in budget process to develop and maintain standard product costs
If this position suits your skills and experience, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this exciting role.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Operations preferred
- Strong Business Acumen and Critical Thinking Skills
- Five years’ manufacturing experience required
- Seven years’ management experience required
- Continuous Improvement/Six Sigma preferred
- Knowledge of HACCP and CFIA required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Human Performance Management – effectively monitor performance of direct reports and provide feedback to improve performance, coaching & developing teams.
- Ability to build partnerships within the organization and coordinating with support departments.
- Ability to effectively use ERP systems
- Ability to effectively use and operate computer software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word and ADP payroll.