Victoria Newitt Recruitment Inc.
has been retained by Convertus Group
to search for a Regional Operations Manager
Convertus Group is growing and looking for people who are committed and passionate about our purpose "Because we care. Because we can.". Our goal is to preserve the planet for future generations by empowering communities to divert organic waste from the landfill to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and preserve finite natural resources.
The Regional Operations Manager is responsible for all activities at multiple sites including SHEQ, operational and financial performance, managing stakeholder relationships, seeking commercial opportunities, and leadership of site employees.
- Ensure compliance with all Safety, Health, Environment, and Quality (SHEQ) regulations and develop a strong safety culture amongst all employees and visitors.
- Maintain facility in optimum operational performance and maintenance conditions.
- Optimize process performance, driving operational efficiencies through robust KPI implementation and management, and overall costs.
- Regularly communicate with customers, ensuring relationships are maintained and where possible investigate commercial opportunities that result in win/win outcomes.
- Minimize the environmental impact of facility activities. Ensure correct follow-up of all permit and legislation requirements of the facility, including third-party activities on site.
- First contact for facility concerning communication to external parties (MOECC, MOL, Neighbours, Customers, Suppliers, etc.).
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with regulatory bodies, including MOECC and the MOL.
- Prepare the annual budget for the facility including monthly forecasting and monthly financial review in conjunction with Operations Director and Controller.
- Develop a high-performing team (recruitment, development, performance management, etc.)
*a full list of duties will be provided to the successful candidate
- Relevant education/background and/or experience in the field of operational management.
- Industrial/ processing plant experience and technical understanding
- Demonstrated success leading high performing teams
- Preference is given to applicants with a diploma or university degree in a process related discipline
- Experience with environmental, health, and safety permitting.
- Experience within a regulatory environment
- SCADA or Similar Computer Controls experience an asset.
- Hands-on approach, willingness to walk the floor and lead by example.
- Driver license required.
- Willingness to work outside office hours where required.
Join us as we do our part to contribute to environmental change!
If this position suits your skills and experience, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this exciting role.