Victoria Newitt Recruitment Inc
has been retained by our natural, sustainable food and beverage ‘Client’ to search for a Director of Sales.
This role, based in Vancouver, reporting directly to the President, is responsible for driving sales and taking the organization to the next level. This new leader must possess the ability to develop & flawlessly execute sales plans that drive company profit and growth across Canada and inspire others to deliver desired results. The Director of Sales will be able to build out his team and provide leadership, direction, training, development and mentoring to them, driving their performance and achieving sales goals.
- Develops a sales strategy for Canadian sales and be responsible for the sales team achieving the monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets to meet the company’s financial objectives.
- Sets individual sales targets for the sales team, in line with the business sector strategy.
- Develops the group sales commission and reward schemes which effectively drives performance and achieving sales goals
- Cultivates and maintains a key account prospect list.
- Develops relationships with key accounts, monitors their needs and makes recommendations for improved sales.
- Recruits, trains and develops sales managers and other members of the sales team that support the company’s vision and strategy, in line with agreed resource plans and objectives. Establishes a high performing sales team with low employee turnover.
- Develops policies and procedures, as well as best practices for the department.
- Works with the Business Sector and Operations Managers to establish constructive and positive customer relationships with high retention rates.
- Nurtures existing and cultivates new sales channels including growing new agreements for continuous business development.
- Develops and maintains network of contacts within the food and beverage industry across North America.
- Knowledge of current sales techniques and trends and industry developments.
- Manages all national and major accounts in a supporting role and key rep role as required.
- Recommends new product introductions.
If this position suits your skills and experience, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this exciting role.
- Education: degree or diploma in marketing or sales.
- Experience: 7-10 years of successful selling, sales management and marketing experience as well as successful development and launch of new products within the food or beverages industry with sales in Canada and the US.
- 5+ years management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the food industry in Canada and the US, in particular, health and non-dairy sectors and/or Perishable businesses.
- Proven supervisory experience and ability to grow sales people.
- Ability to effectively contribute to strategic direction as a member of a senior management team.
- Experience working with a brokerage network.
- Proven ability to grow revenues in the territory.
- Excellent sales and marketing skills with proven follow through.