Victoria Newitt Recruitment Inc
has been retained by our Client
to search for a Director of Operations
The Director of Operations
, will manage and lead wide-ranging aspects of the product supply chain such as internal manufacturing operations, contract manufacturers, delivery and warehousing of raw materials and components, and distribution of finished goods. Your team also manages the continuous improvement, quality assurance, and value engineering projects related to the manufacturing operations. As a professional in manufacturing & distribution management, you will apply practices to respond to business challenges and help advance organizational goals. You’re able to lead the company to have an efficient manufacturing model, a lean supply chain, execute a just in time supply plan, directly manage our warehousing teams, and work successfully with our overseas manufacturing partners.
Leadership is key. The Director of Operations
will strive to achieve a “best in class” operation by designing and leading the implementation of best practices in all areas of responsibility. This role will lead and direct the work of others and will be a positive influence on both the immediate manufacturing & distribution team and others across the organization.
In the true entrepreneurial spirit, no one on the team is truly segmented. You will have frequent interaction with everyone from the CEO and other members of the executive team through to Finance, Product Development and Sales and Marketing. You will also work closely with colleagues across the company and will be a key supporter of driving excellence in supply chain to all Group companies.
- Using market data, customer driven quality standards and required product safety norms to plan and organize production to meet current and future requirements, including product and delivery standards;
- Establishing, implementing and upgrading the company’s core operating processes, including the GMP’s, SOP’s, supply management, Continuous Improvement, to ensure quality product, best value for customers, and efficiencies and cost structures that optimize profitability;
- Establishing new units using proven project management methods, on schedule and within budget, and achieving planned efficiencies and cost structures;
- Ensuring that the company uses preventive maintenance to optimize performance of equipment and facilities;
- Ensuring to use the best available technologies to achieve best value products, J.I.T. service, and profitability.
- Using the companies people management systems (recruitment and selection; training and development; communications, involvement and feedback; salary, compensation and group benefits; performance management and continuous improvement; and safety in the work place);
- Ensuring that all staff respect the Personnel Policies, and that Managers and Team Leaders receive training to implement them properly;
- Monitoring to see that these policies and systems are used effectively and consistently;
- Developing Managers and Team Leaders to coach consistently.
- Delegating the maximum amount of work, with trust and accountability, and optimizing the engagement and development of personnel;
- Ensuring that there is a productive and healthy work environment, and effective, well-maintained equipment that functions reliably;
- Ensuring that staff, and particularly Team Leaders, are being trained to meet the current and future needs of the organization, in a planned manner;
- Consistently setting a personal example in leadership, as “servant leader”.
- Carefully planning the utilization of materials and other resources to minimize waste and obtain optimum returns on assets employed;
- Using appropriate budget and financial planning practices, and consistently monitoring, analysing and addressing performance against these;
- Constantly striving to develop and use accurate, relevant financial information and other quantitative data for informed decision making;
- Developing and implementing a plan to keep capacity in line with planned demand;
- Consulting as required with the C.F.O.
- Planning capacity to meet planned growth, and assessing and recommending the most appropriate facilities and technologies to meet it;
- Regularly monitoring leading edge technologies, assessing their fit and profitability, and recommending appropriate action;
- Overseeing the purchase of all new equipment.
- Co-ordinating and communicating major activities through the Operations Management Team (OMT);
- Bringing major issues to the Executive Leadership Team for consultation or resolution;
- Using customer-driven, win-win problem solving methods to resolve inter-departmental work issues
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ensuring that each employee is properly trained to make the decisions required for her/his job;
- Constantly striving to get the relevant, accurate, and timely user friendly information to each employee for informed decision-making.
If this position suits your skills and experience, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this exciting role.
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience leading activities related to manufacturing, procurement, quality assurance, inventory control, warehousing and distribution
- Have experience leading and understand the value of a disciplined continuous improvement process
- Be a recognized leader in your field, ideally with a degree in Engineering or Business Management
- Be an exceptional communicator with an innate ability to impact and influence people
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Be proactive – a self-starter; someone that can figure out a solution when one doesn’t immediately present itself
- Have experience implementing best practices in manufacturing, supply chain design, and building the credibility and value of the function across an organization
- Recognize the value in monitoring and analyzing current market trends and have the ability to apply them to the organization as appropriate
- Set the highest ethical standards for yourself and others and ensure that the supply chain organization is compliant with all legal, financial and safety standards