Victoria Newitt Recruitment
has been retained by Daiya
to search for a Finance Operations Manager
to join their team.
Reporting to the CFO of Finance and working closely with the VP of Supply Chain, our Finance Operations Manager is responsible for setting policy, implementation, analytics, as well as management reporting and review for all aspects cost of goods sold, and cost of selling in the income statement. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, cost accounting activities, reconciliation, analyses, and reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annually). This role provides leadership and mentorship to the Finance team either through projects, initiatives, and/or ongoing operational finance support to the different departments. Additionally, the Cost Accounting Manager will work with each manufacturing department manager to better understand the manufacturing processes and build KPI’s and reports that can be used to measure and improve performance. The ideal candidate will combine a solid accounting and manufacturing costing background with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and governance for the Cost Accounting function in Finance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of company procedures affecting plant financial operations.
- Responsible for overall accuracy of standard costs and BOMs, reconciliation, review and analysis for management review of all variable costs and to a gross margin level by product line.
- Create and maintain BOM in Syspro for all products and review with VP R&D and project leads
- Responsible for analytics on all costs between Revenue and Gross Margin on the income statement including but not limited to Cost of Goods Sold (materials and labour), Burden, Variances, and Shipping.
- Monitor, measure and refine KPIs, metrics and operational performance on variable costs.
- Accountable for maintaining and improving operations expense management infrastructure, process and information integrity, ultimately providing metrics and visibility on variable costs productivity within the operations group.
- Research and provide input to prioritize plant opportunities for operational accounting efforts consistent with company goals and strategies, and create a plan to successfully capitalize on those opportunities.
- Accountable for ensuring inventory costs are set and maintained accurately.
- Ensure effective information flow to track and reconcile inventory at off-site locations
- Develop and implement systems as required to collect, manage, and analyze data related to resource consumption and allocation.
- Review, report, and follow up on standard vs. actual costs variances in a timely manner
- Educate team members regarding the concepts of costing and financial analysis by providing relevant information regarding the impact of variances
- Assist in the quarterly and annual audit requirements
- Complete special projects and other duties as required
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA/CGA/CA).
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a cost accounting environment in the manufacturing sector, preferably in the food industry.
- Thorough understanding of standard cost accounting principles and cost systems background.
- Advanced proficiency using MS Office, specifically Excel including use of pivot tables.
- Prior experience and knowledge of ERP systems is required.
- Demonstrated solid experience in costing, inventory management, and allocation methods with preference for manufacturing and food production
- A self-starter and results-driven individual with the ability to work in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Ability to build relationships between accounting and manufacturing
- Leadership qualities and ability to educate operational team on financial impact of their actions
- Solid understanding of ERP systems, preferably with Syspro ERP, and strong proficiency with Excel
- Proactive, quick on your feet, a BIG picture thinker
If this position suits your skills and experience, we want to talk to you!
- Structured, disciplined and organized; a systems thinker with demonstrated process improvement skills; proven analytical / quantitative skills are required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral); communicates in a clear, concise and organized manner; listens to others to obtain information
- Proven experience building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working in a high volume and fast paced environment with overlapping priorities and deliverables.
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this exciting role.