Victoria Newitt Recruitment Inc has been retained by Kicking Horse Coffee Co. Ltd. to search for an Employee Experience Manager.
Your daily mission: Drive our kick-ass culture through creating the ultimate employee experience.
Who Are We?
We make coffee. More specifically, we make coffee that kicks ass, and we’ve done it for over 20 years.
It’s exceptional tasting coffee. And that could be why we’re Canada’s #1 selling Whole Bean coffee. But it could also be because all our coffee is Organic. And all our coffee is Fairtrade. And it’s all deep, dark and delicious, roasted right in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. It could also be because our customers are loyal, fervent and demand goodness in every cup.
And it’s not just our coffee that’s good. We were named the Best Workplace in Canada by Great Place to Work in 2018!
We believe great coffee is the answer to many things. But our question to the world is, “How will you wake up and kick ass with us?”.
Who Are You?
You’re a unicorn; one-of-a-kind and full of magic. You don’t just understand people, you inspire them. Although you’re an experienced HR leader, you consistently go beyond “human resources” to create the ultimate employee experience. Your track record shows that you’re no stranger to successfully rolling out influential people practices and programs. Maybe you’ve even hosted an office dance party or two! You know that culture eats strategy for breakfast and that process creates freedom. You are a connector, able to establish strong working relationships with employees at all levels in a company. Ad you love to have fun. See? Unicorn.
What Will You Do?
As one of Kicking Horse Coffee’s culture catalysts, you will be the on-site resource and ombudsmen for all day-to-day people programs. In alignment with our unique culture and anticipated business results, you will work with managers throughout the company, providing leadership and supporting people-related practices. To be specific, you’ll be responsible for the following:
• Recruitment & Selection
• Orientation & Training
• Performance Management
• Employee Relations & Communications
• Benefits & Total Compensation
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Human Resources generalist in a related industry.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field. CHRP Certification is a strong asset.
• Experience managing payroll and benefits functions.
• Experience with applicant tracking, HRIS, outsourced payroll and other similar systems/solutions.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable federal/provincial related legislation and regulations (e.g., employment standards, labour relations, human rights etc.)
• Understanding of Kaizen principles and processes or certification an asset.
• Positive and passionate with big energy; genuine, authentic, personable, and empathetic.
• Fun! People love working with you.
• Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, and presentation.
• Driven self-starter with business acumen, presence, maturity, and professionalism to operate at all levels of the company.
• Ability to effectively counsel, influence, multi-task, project-manage, problem solve, and deliver results.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy; high standards for quality.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, use discretion, diplomacy, and tact.
• Fully proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
If this position suits your skills and experience, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this exciting role.