Victoria Newitt Recruitment Inc
has been retained by Vega
to search for a Vice President of Marketing.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President, Marketing will be responsible for leading and growing the Vega brand and business. They will be responsible for driving marketing excellence to drive both the base business as well as determining innovation strategies to take the brand into new categories and occasions. This role is a key member of the Vega leadership team and will be involved in providing strategic leadership for Marketing and Vega as a company.
Skills and Qualifications
- Partner with President to set vision and strategy for the Vega brand
- Lead the marketing organization to develop big marketing and commercialization ideas that continue to fuel topline growth for the brand
- Develop compelling brand positions, copy strategies, and creative briefs that result in game-changing activation ideas
- Lead partnership with all agencies that support the Vega business
- Lead development and execution of annual marketing plans, including the development of optimal brand communication hierarchy and marketing mix
- Coordinate strategic planning process and ensure successful implementation
- Ensuring top-tier advertising and brand building to further develop consumer loyalty
- Partner with the President to track all aspects of the business, working collaboratively with functional leaders to deliver consistent net sales and profit objectives
- Drive continuous improvement in cost/margin opportunities to fuel investment
- Co-manage pricing strategy, including promotional pricing and timing
- Evaluate, review and communicate progress of brand performance against company goals effectively with employees and other stakeholders
- Build, retain, and inspire a talented team. Develop the bench for future leaders
- Function as a visible leader to the organization – walk the talk
- Build a culture of marketing excellence and innovation by driving knowledge and best practice throughout the organization
If this position suits your skills and experience, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this exciting role.
- B.S./B.A. degree in related field; MBA preferred or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 12-15 years of professional experience in a marketing role, preferably within a consumer packaged goods organization
- Successful experience with established and new products at various phases of life cycle development
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proven mastery in all aspects of marketing/brand management (segmentation, positioning, advertising/promotions and agency management, digital marketing, market research and consumer insight development, and new product development)
- Significant product marketing experience at a senior management level
- Significant experience leading and growing teams
- Experience managing agency relationships and demonstrated success with the creative process in advertising and packaging
- Strong financial acumen, analytical skills and P&L management experience